none
Can't Create Stream Analytic Job RRS feed

• Question

Just signed up for a free trial. Can't create a stream analytic job. Error message says contact support if problem persists.

Friday, October 9, 2015 11:08 PM

Answers

• As the issue states the job can't be created. This ticket was created by the Microsoft support team after several interactions with them via Twitter. The issue has been resolved after some off line discussions and additional trial and error.

I was trying to create an ASA job in the East US (it is available in the drop down) because I was forced to create the IoTHub in the East US region (East US 2 was not available).

After several failed attempts a coworker asked if I could create a storage account in East US because I was trying to create a new storage account along with the ASA job. When I went to just create the storage account the East US region was not in the drop down. I then went back to creating the ASA job and was able to get it done in the East US 2 region.

Obviously this doesn't follow the standard best practices of parking your Azure resources in the same region to avoid data charges and performance hits moving data between regions. I think East US 2 would have been a better choice for the IoT Hub preview and the ASA job should not let me attempt to create a new storage account in a region that I don't have access to or at a minimum should provide a significantly more meaningful error message. Bugs have been logged by the ASA product team to address these issue.

Monday, October 12, 2015 3:25 PM

All replies

• Just tried again and it is still broken
    Saturday, October 10, 2015 2:58 AM
  • Can't you create it, or can't you start it? Can you check if there are any logs, and if so - what they say.

Niels

http://www.nielsberglund.com | @nielsberglund

Saturday, October 10, 2015 4:04 AM
  • As the issue states the job can't be created. This ticket was created by the Microsoft support team after several interactions with them via Twitter. The issue has been resolved after some off line discussions and additional trial and error.

I was trying to create an ASA job in the East US (it is available in the drop down) because I was forced to create the IoTHub in the East US region (East US 2 was not available).

After several failed attempts a coworker asked if I could create a storage account in East US because I was trying to create a new storage account along with the ASA job. When I went to just create the storage account the East US region was not in the drop down. I then went back to creating the ASA job and was able to get it done in the East US 2 region.

Obviously this doesn't follow the standard best practices of parking your Azure resources in the same region to avoid data charges and performance hits moving data between regions. I think East US 2 would have been a better choice for the IoT Hub preview and the ASA job should not let me attempt to create a new storage account in a region that I don't have access to or at a minimum should provide a significantly more meaningful error message. Bugs have been logged by the ASA product team to address these issue.

Monday, October 12, 2015 3:25 PM