September CTP? RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone have any idea as to when the Sept CTP will be released?

Thanks
    John
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:50 PM

Answers

• End of this month. Cheers.

Anand..

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 2:31 PM

All replies

• End of this month. Cheers.

Anand..

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 2:31 PM
  • Anymore news around a solid date on when we can expect the next CTP?

John

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:24 PM
  • Maybe more importantly, any hints on planned features/fixes for the Sept CTP?
    Tuesday, September 26, 2006 4:07 PM
  • Yes and I will post a detailed blog with the fixes for September CTP. I will have the CTP out by the end of this week. For this release we have fixed around 30 bugs and these includes few new features. We are releasing additional set of transforms that will produce VS 2005 documentation look and feel. This was a big ask from our customers at this forum and from the emails I recieved since we released our first CTP.

Also with the September CTP the "state" of syntax tab will persist acorss topics. We would like to add custom tags

(http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=617698&SiteID=1) for our RTW 1.0 release in October.

Anand..

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:42 PM
  • Thanks Anand, good to hear the VS05 look and feel is on its way :)
    Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:12 PM
  • Excellent news. At the release of the July CTP, you already mentioned a GUI and a Visual Studio add-in. Will these be in the September release, or are they not expected untill the RTW 1.0 in October?
    Wednesday, September 27, 2006 6:37 AM
  • I've been trying not to ask but I find that I have too.  Can someone tell me what RTW stands for.  I know what RTM is for, but have never heard of RTW.

Thanks

John

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:17 PM
  • jhidey, I don't know for sure, but I think RTW means Release To Web (whereas RTM implies that media is released and RTW is just a download).
    Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:29 PM
  • May I expect the possibility to use response files? In my case I have *lots* of dependencies and I hit the max commandline size limit... :(

Yes, I've asked about this before, but AFAIK I did not recieve any answer....
    Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:49 PM
  • You can copy the dependencies to a folder and use a wildcard to reference the files (i.e. /dep:DLLS\*.*).  Another alternative is my help file builder which manages all of that for you.  See http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SandcastleBuilder.asp for more information.

Eric

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 3:12 PM
  • Oh, does that work? I thought I tried that but did apparently not. I'll have to try first thing tomorrow...
    Wednesday, September 27, 2006 3:21 PM
  • Yes and I have documented this in our FAQ at http://blogs.msdn.com/sandcastle/archive/2006/07/30/683352.aspx

Anand..

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:33 PM