none
Problems running TC4.3.1 & 4.3.2 & 4.3.3 with a java application RRS feed

• Question

• My company is seeking Windows 2008 R2 certification.  Our product is a windows service that loads the sun JVM as a dll.  When running the above test cases with AppVerifier the JVM either fails to run or generates many, many errors.   A typical error that we are getting is:

VERIFIER STOP 00000609 : Severity Error: Freeing memory block inside current thread's stack address range.

The stack trace for the error points to jvm!JVM_FindSignal

This happens with  Sun JRE (1.6.0_13). These problems are obviously not in our product, but in the JVM. Is it possible to get a waiver for these, or do I have to hope that Sun will fix them?  I have checked a variety of Sun forums and what I am seeing there is that they have no current plans to fix these as they believe the problem is in AppVerifier, not the JVM.

I also noticed a similar thread to this on a Vista certification forum - and the solution given there was that java applications were ineligible for Vista certification.  However the Windows 2008 R2 certification test framework says that java applications are eligible for certification.  So how can we get over this problem.  Can we get a waver?

Monday, August 17, 2009 9:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The overall answer to this question is yes you may go for a waiver with valid details reasons which may be approved.

I would like to suggest from my end that please go to the mentioned links to have details on the issue and Windows Server 2008 program.

http://www.innovateon.com/pageLayout.aspx?pageID=WinServer_Home

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/cc148992.aspx

The above mentioned documents with the links have all the details ,which could assist you further more.

Hope above helps.

kind Regards
    Deep Sharma

• Proposed as answer by Deep Sharma Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by lambowles Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:47 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:47 PM
  • Deep is correct - Limited waivers may be available for this issue. Please ensure that your testing was done with the lastest available JRE (With all updates).

You mention that this is a Windows erver 2008 R2 certification effort.
    In this case use the waiver request forms available on the R2 program website here:
    www.microsoft.com/windowsserver/isv

If you have any further specific questions you  may email us at WSLogoFB@Microsoft.com

Thanks,
    [Venkat]

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:06 AM
  • Thanks for your prompt reply.  That answers the question for me.
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:48 PM