Deinterlace alpha frames RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that acts as a video-player. Currently I use OpenGL for color transforms, scaling, translation etc...

However, I would like to make use of the great deinterlacers provided by Nvidia and AMD. I was hoping I could use DXVA for this.

Basically what I want to do is to send an interlaced BGRA or YUVA frame to DXVA and get back two progressive frames, as fast as possible.

My question is whether this is possible? There doesn't seem to be any support for alpha in DXVA as far as I have seen from the supported formats. Also the API seems to be built around playback, i.e. you have to specify framerate etc, however I just want it to process whathever I send in.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:54 AM

All replies

• Color space support is based upon the video device.  You would have to query for the formats supported by the device since not all devices may support the conversion.  I have not specifically seen BGRA or YUVA support from a DXVA device, but I have not really been looking.

Processing frames directly with DXVA is theoretically possible but not easy.  The API is arcane and the documentation is pretty poor.  In many cases, you can set dummy values for things that do not apply to your scenario (like framerate).

Saturday, April 14, 2012 1:25 AM