none
LOB Adapter/Web Services RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I would like to ask, from your experiance, would LOB Adapter should be my 1st option when it comes to integration between some LOB and Biztalk?

What would best practice recommand?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:37 AM

Answers

• If your LOB is Siebel 7.8, your best bet is to use the Siebel adapter that shipped with BizTalk adapter pack 1.0. We have tested this adapter with Siebel 7.8.

The requirement for this adapter is the Siebel web client installation. This adapter uses the Siebel COM API to connect to Siebel. So if you are able to work with the Siebel web client and with the Siebel COM API, this is the best adapter for you.

Regarding the Microsoft documentation you refer to, can you send the link?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This really depends on the LOB system that you are integrating with, and the fearures that the LOB adapter provides. There are several factors you should take into account:

• Is there an LOB adapter included in the BizTalk Licence?
    • Is there a third-party LOB adapter?
    • Do these adapters provide the correct functionlity?
    • Will a custom LOB adapter be required.

If the LOB application already provides a good service later, and that can easily be consumed using BizTalk, it may be preferable to use services. If you have a ready built LOB adapter, then look at using it, if not, it's probably better to use services than build your own LOB adapter.

A good option is to build quick proof-of-concept project using both techniques, then analyze the results. This should help you to make a dicision based on real experience, and hopefully save you investing too much time in the wrong approach.

Regards,

Alan

Thursday, June 5, 2008 9:56 AM
  •  

Hi

Thanks a lot for replying Alan.

My LOB is Siebel 7.8, according to Microsoft documentation regarding integration between siebel and Biztalk, I saw the following:

The integration architecture offered into the application server layer offers several connection mechanisms as shown in Figure 5. Except for perhaps CORBA and Java Beans, most of these mechanisms are readily available from BizTalk Server 2006. And, by using the Siebel adapter, Java Beans can also be added to the list.

So, I can not tell if the Adapter would be the better option...

ideas?....

thanks

Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:34 AM
  • If your LOB is Siebel 7.8, your best bet is to use the Siebel adapter that shipped with BizTalk adapter pack 1.0. We have tested this adapter with Siebel 7.8.

The requirement for this adapter is the Siebel web client installation. This adapter uses the Siebel COM API to connect to Siebel. So if you are able to work with the Siebel web client and with the Siebel COM API, this is the best adapter for you.

Regarding the Microsoft documentation you refer to, can you send the link?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:03 AM