none
Powerpoint 2010 Set slideshow window to transparent RRS feed

• Question

• The preamble here is that I would like to have a pretty moving background on a presentation.  Also, I would like the movie not to jump back to the start when changing slides.

I had the idea that if the slideshow window could be set to transparent, thus exposing the desktop behind it would be a simple matter to play the slideshow over windows media player for example.

I have heard of this being done in PowerPoint 2007.

I have reasonable VSTO skills, mostly in VB but can do C# and understand basic ideas such as a window handle and API calls.

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

According to your description, you want to set the slideshow to transparent. However, there is no such method in PowerPoint Object Model to achieve the goal at present. If you want PowerPoint to support this feature, you can submit your feedback about Office products via Submit Feedback.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:38 AM
  • Hello Jeff,

It looks like you are talking about the OfficeOne TransparentShow 3.0 add-in. In that case, I am afraid, there is no trivial way to get the job done. You need to use Windows API functions for implementing the required functionality. For example, take a look at the SetWindowLong function. The full list of possible Windows Styles you can find in MSDN.

• Marked as answer by Jeff Bowman Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:15 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Thanks Eugene, I appreciate it's not so simple but you have at least given me a start.

I was aware of OfficeOne.TransparentShow but could not get it to work and wished to do it myself anyway.  I have found another post where someone wanted to do something similar so at least I have a few leads and google buzzwords now.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeff

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:48 PM