Deployment error when multiple maps are assigned with the same port RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have the following issue in BizTalk 2016 while deploying a MSI.

I have a simple BizTalk application with one receive port. I have two assemblies and 1 map in each of those assemblies.

The 2 maps are assigned with the same receive port.

If I import the MSI of the application with overwrite set to true OR if I replace of one the assembly (Add Resource with Overwrite to true), I have the following error: "Cannot update receive port <receiveportname>: Transform <map name> not found".

The only workaround I have is to remove one of the map in the Inbound maps of the receive port, then import the MSI again...

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Only one map can be executed on port lever, can we ask why you have both the maps configured on same receive port.

To you problem this issue appears to be binding file issue or deployment related.

1.Check the binding file for what is map name used and if it is correct name.

2.If step 1 seems good then, Under the All Artifacts verify the map is present, using its fully qualified name. If it is there check  it is in the correct application container (The same application which has your RP or a shared Application)

Regards PK: Please mark the reply as answer or vote it up, as deemed fit.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

The two maps are not using the same source schema, it is why I need these 2 maps.

To clarify the situation and help you understand:

• If the application does not exists and I import the MSI into the BizTalk MMC Console, everything is ok;
    • Then just after, without any changes, I re-import the MSI with the overwrite flag set to true, I have the error I mentionned.

I think that this is a bug in BizTalk. In BizTalk 2010, FYI, I got a very similar issue as described in this KB article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2908686/fix-error-messages-when-you-redeploy-some-map-dll-files-to-biztalk-server-2010-or-biztalk-server-2013

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have CU1 for Biztalk 2016 installed, if not please try after the CU installation

Note: I checked the documentation for the BizTalk 2016 CU1 seems this issue is not there in the fixes. I would suggest you to let the MS support team know of the issue (IF CU1 doesnt help) so that it can be fixed in the next CU2

Regards

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:08 PM
  • Hi David,

This has been discussed at length here: Error - Failed to add resources when deploying into an application where it has a send port with multiple maps. There is no workaround to this.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:21 PM