none
Problem showing a picture with ReportViewer 2010 and VB2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a really strange problem with the Reportviewer.

In my program, I save a picture in a temp directory (variable Temp of windows) and after that, I print the report and in the report, there is a picture with a value

="file://" & Parameters!Graph.Value

On one computer (customer), there is a problem : A red cross appears instead of the picture.
    I have looked at the temp directory and the pictures are created correctly. (png files). The computer is in Windows XP.
    On the other computers where I have tested the program, all is fine (XP, Vista and Win 7 (x32 and x64)

I only have the problem on one computer with XP (all the other XP I have tested are working fine) and I have no idea about what I should do to solve the problem.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you
    Marc

Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:15 AM

Answers

• This might be a setting in Internet Explorer, if that is the browser you are using, or a security setting local to that machine. You might start by setting the security options to the same as other machines where the report is working.

If the HTML of the report is having problems retrieving the image, there could be a script error that may help you figure the issue. You can turn on script error debugging at Tools\Internet Options\Advanced\..Debugging...

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Monday, June 21, 2010 11:16 PM