Adding a Static Resource to a XAML file

Question

• Hey, I am trying to bind a Value Converter to a XAML element. I am trying to add this code to my grid:

<Grid.Resources>
        <local:ValueConverter x:Name="PlayheadConverter/>"
    </Grid.Resources>

But it doesn't recognize ValueConverter as a valid class to insert there. Here is my ValueConverter declaration:

public ref class ValueConverter sealed : Windows::UI::Xaml::Data::IValueConverter
        {
        public:
            ValueConverter(void);
            virtual Object^ Convert(Object^ value, Windows::UI::Xaml::Interop::TypeName targetType, Object^ parameter, String^ language);
    	virtual Object^ ConvertBack(Object^ value, Windows::UI::Xaml::Interop::TypeName targetType, Object^ parameter, String^ language);
        };

Is there something else I should be doing? I don't understand why I can't add this as a static resource here. Thanks so much!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:07 PM

Answers

• Is ValueConverter defined in a namespace different than the XAML? (I'm assuming the close quote placement was a typo in the forum post) The XAML Data binding sample demonstrates in the Scenario2.XAML what you are attempting.

What error are you getting?

David Lamb

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by ejcarp Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:02 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:32 AM

All replies

• Is ValueConverter defined in a namespace different than the XAML? (I'm assuming the close quote placement was a typo in the forum post) The XAML Data binding sample demonstrates in the Scenario2.XAML what you are attempting.

What error are you getting?

David Lamb

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by ejcarp Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:02 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:32 AM
  • Somehow I seem to have lost this file, but I am now experiencing another issue you may be able to help me with. Is it possible to use a Value Converter that does not have a default constructor?
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:02 PM