none
V4 driver Point & Print scenario RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have gone through the following URL

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj863680%28v=vs.85%29.aspx.

I have created a point & print v4 driver queue in my win8.1 machine. As per documentation client machine should download Data files, RC files, CAT file & resource files from the server. But I didn't found any of the file in client machine driverstore. Could you please let me know where does those file belongs to client machine after creating point & print queue

Regards,

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Sansmile,

That behavior is by design. We don't download a driver, so it's not in the DriverStore. We store the files in a special directory under system32 (users don't have permission to change these). The exact paths are determined at runtime on a per-client basis. You can figure out the exact paths by calling GetPrinterDriver and passing in a handle to your printer. The files will be returned on the DRIVER_INFO_8 structure's pDependentFiles member.

Thanks!

Justin

Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Sansmile,

That behavior is by design. We don't download a driver, so it's not in the DriverStore. We store the files in a special directory under system32 (users don't have permission to change these). The exact paths are determined at runtime on a per-client basis. You can figure out the exact paths by calling GetPrinterDriver and passing in a handle to your printer. The files will be returned on the DRIVER_INFO_8 structure's pDependentFiles member.

Thanks!

Justin

Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:30 PM
  • Hi Justin,

Ok. got your point. Then what is the purpose of "V4Dirs" directory in spool folder? From you answer I understood that it is not used for storing point & point Queue data files. 

I tried to get DRIVER_INFO_8 structure information from client while debugging on client in VS. The point and print queue is enabled with client side rendering, and added driver also in the client. But while print test page, printfilterpipelinesvc.exe process is not launch.

But I launch this process by printing from other queue and then attached that process in VS and then print from PP queue, then also my debug point not hit. Is there any other process that I need to attach for PP scenario?

Regards,

San

• Edited by sansmile Monday, May 25, 2015 12:33 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2015 12:20 PM