none
Whenever I try to run a .net framework program, I’m told it’s not a valid Win32 application. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not a developer, but several applications I want to use--PC Mighty Max and File Hippo--require it. How can I solve this problem?
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 7:33 PM

Answers

• This is not a CPU speed compatibility issue. It's a generic message I suppose usually occurring as a result of corruption and incompatibility of some sort. Somehow this would have happened when the computer crashed. The only way to resolve it is to reinstall the application so it registers with the computer again.

In this case the programs require external files (.NET Framework), so reinstalling the .NET Framework is probably needed instead/as well. You can try uninstalling it from Add/Remove programs which may or may not work. (It's a system component which many programs require so it's not designed to be uninstalled regularly). If that method doesn't work, use the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to uninstall it, then reinstall .NET again.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/attachment/8904493.ashx
    • Marked as answer by Sinuhe999 Monday, August 31, 2009 1:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sinuhe999 Monday, August 31, 2009 1:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, August 31, 2009 9:45 AM
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Sinuhe999,
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    your applications may be a 16 bit application so that the programs can't be running on your system
    if you using windows XP , Vista or 7 and maybe WIN ME
    ------------------------
    I hope this Post Help You
    don't forget mark this post as answer if this post help you
    ------------------------ 
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 11:31 PM
  • Thanks, Mohamed, for getting back to me so quickly. Some of these programs I'd been able to run without a problem before my computer crashed.

I'm running Windows XP.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

All the best,

Bill
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 12:15 AM
  • This is not a CPU speed compatibility issue. It's a generic message I suppose usually occurring as a result of corruption and incompatibility of some sort. Somehow this would have happened when the computer crashed. The only way to resolve it is to reinstall the application so it registers with the computer again.

In this case the programs require external files (.NET Framework), so reinstalling the .NET Framework is probably needed instead/as well. You can try uninstalling it from Add/Remove programs which may or may not work. (It's a system component which many programs require so it's not designed to be uninstalled regularly). If that method doesn't work, use the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to uninstall it, then reinstall .NET again.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/attachment/8904493.ashx
    • Marked as answer by Sinuhe999 Monday, August 31, 2009 1:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sinuhe999 Monday, August 31, 2009 1:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, August 31, 2009 9:45 AM
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:00 AM
  • Thanks, Etisoppo, for getting back to me so quickly. The utility you referred me to let me install .NET Framework V2.0 for the FIRST time--and THAT let me run some (but not all) of my balky programs. When I clicked "answer," this reply disappeared, so I clicked "answer," thinking that would bring my reply back, but it didn't I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I'm sorry. All the best, Bill
    Monday, August 31, 2009 1:11 AM