none
Install SharePoint Services Adapter separately on BizTalk Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all I have followed this link to install BizTalk Server 2010 (everything was installed perfectly). Now I want to integrate BizTalk with Sharepoint but I didn't found any Sharepoint adapter available.When I (Right click)modify/change Microsoft Biztalk Server 2010 in Control Panel>> Programs and Features I found that Windows SharePoint Services Adapter Web Service is grayed out and I can't add this feature.

How I can add this feature. Do I need to install complete SharePoint Server on same server?

Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:32 AM

Answers

• Run BizTalk Server Setup on the SharePoint machine and install only the SharePoint Adapter WebService.  Then, Run BizTalk Configuration and configure the WebService in SharePoint - 90.  It will add the folder as virtual folder (application) in the SharePoint site.
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Friday, May 17, 2013 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi

Check in  your adapters that Windows Sharepoint service adapter is present or not .

Regards

Mohit Gupta

Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Couple things going on here.

What you've highlighted is the Windows SharePoint Services Adapter *WebService*, this is not the Windows SharePoint Services Adapter.

The Adapter is part of the base install of BizTalk Server and should always appear on the list of Adapters in both Ports and Adapters (handler configuration).

The Adapter WebService is the component you must install on the SharePoint server itself.  The client Adapter integrates with SharePoint through this WebService.  Run BizTalk Server Setup and install the WebService only on the SharePoint Server, then use BizTalk Configuration to configure it.  This is allowed and does not require an additional BizTalk Server license.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:34 PM
  • Thanks for reply. I got the reason but how to install that particular WebService separately from BizTalk setup. I got following two web services in IIS after installation of WSS 3.0.

Friday, May 10, 2013 5:36 AM
  • It's part of BizTalk Server setup.  When you run BT Setup, it detects whether or not a compatible version of SharePoint is installed and makes the check box available if so.

On the SharePoint computer, this is the only component you would install, nothing else.  Then run BizTalk Configuration to config the web service in a SharePoint extended site.

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:21 PM
  • Sorry for late reply. Actually I was not here (outstation). What should I do now?
    • Edited by shabbirhussain Monday, May 13, 2013 4:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Luis Cardozo Friday, November 28, 2014 2:19 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Luis Cardozo Friday, November 28, 2014 2:19 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 4:34 AM
  • Run BizTalk Server Setup on the SharePoint machine and install only the SharePoint Adapter WebService.  Then, Run BizTalk Configuration and configure the WebService in SharePoint - 90.  It will add the folder as virtual folder (application) in the SharePoint site.
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Friday, May 17, 2013 11:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:15 PM