The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP] Application fails WACK in app review due to unsupported API "sysctl in libc.dll', "uname in libc.dll", "RtlGetVersion in ntdll.dll", in spite passing WACK locally RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am developing a fairly simple UWP application for Windows 10 that uses the newly relased Entity Framework 1.0.0-rc2 for data storage. If I'm correct, this is the currently suggested way to use SQLite on the UWP platform, or at least I found documentation suggesting that. I tried to upload my application to the Store but it failed the review's WACK (Windows App Cert Kit) with the following error:

API sysctl in libc.dll is not supported for this application type. Microsoft.Extensions.

PlatformAbstractions.dll calls this API.
    API uname in libc.dll is not supported for this application type. Microsoft.Extensions.PlatformAbstractions.dll calls this API.
    API RtlGetVersion in ntdll.dll is not supported for this application type. Microsoft.Extensions.PlatformAbstractions.dll calls this API

I am not familiar with these APIs and as far as I know not intentionally using any of them. I can only think about Entity Framework casuing the issue as it is a fairly new release. But the WACK run on my machine passes without errors and I do not know why it fails when the Store review runs it.

I appreciate any help with this, I already contacted the developer support but they forwarded me here as they cannot provide technical support.

Thanks in advance!

Friday, May 20, 2016 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I since successfull resolved the issue and my application is out in the Store. The problem was with the Command Line Tools required for Entity Framework during the development, but it needs to be removed from the release versions.

https://docs.efproject.net/en/latest/platforms/uwp/getting-started.html

Here is the excerpt of this doc stating the command line tools need to be installed:

"Later in this walkthrough we will also be using some Entity Framework commands to maintain the database. So we will install the commands package as well.

• Run Install-Package Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Tools –Pre"

Still, from the Entity Framework docs it is not apparent and I will submit an issue for the docs to be clarified in their github page.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Balazs Gerlei,

What is your WACK version? Please make sure to use the latest version of WACK.

Based on the error information from the WACK, it seems that you are using some unsupported API in your app, then please try to check this article: Reference API for Universal Windows apps which includes comprehensive API reference info for developing Universal Windows apps for Windows 10 to see if you have done something wrong.

Additionally, this "Windows App Certification Kit tests" may also give you some idea.

>>” I can only think about Entity Framework casuing the issue as it is a fairly new release

If you think this issue is related with the new release of the Entity Framework, please try to submit your feedback in here: https://github.com/aspnet/EntityFramework/issues .

Best Regards,

Leon Guang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 23, 2016 5:29 AM
  • Hello,

I since successfull resolved the issue and my application is out in the Store. The problem was with the Command Line Tools required for Entity Framework during the development, but it needs to be removed from the release versions.

https://docs.efproject.net/en/latest/platforms/uwp/getting-started.html

Here is the excerpt of this doc stating the command line tools need to be installed:

"Later in this walkthrough we will also be using some Entity Framework commands to maintain the database. So we will install the commands package as well.

• Run Install-Package Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Tools –Pre"

Still, from the Entity Framework docs it is not apparent and I will submit an issue for the docs to be clarified in their github page.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:59 AM