No Audio Device RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have just reformatted my PC and i am unable to get sound out of my speakers. Everything's plugged in, the light goes on when I turn the speakers on, they seem to work fine apart from no sound is coming out of them

When I try to adjust the sound, it says something about my mixer devices. To be exact, it says : There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel, etc etc. But that isn't working; it's telling me that there isn't any hardware to find. I have Windows XP. Can you help please  

Monday, July 9, 2007 7:09 PM

Answers

• Go to the sound card vendor's website and try to download the drivers... Maybe they're not installed correctly or something.  Beyond that, though, this forum probably isn't going to be too useful for audio support issues.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 1:13 PM

All replies

• Go to the sound card vendor's website and try to download the drivers... Maybe they're not installed correctly or something.  Beyond that, though, this forum probably isn't going to be too useful for audio support issues.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 1:13 PM
  • Hello,

Same problem here. "No Audio Device" although I am using the correct drivers etc etc.

I have installed  XP as an upgrade to Win 2000. Previously the sound worked fine. Now nothing. Various apps give various messages, some say there is no Midi, presumabybecause there ius no audio device at all.

I am using an LG laptop and installed the Soundmax drivers which show correctly. Windows Audio Service is running and is set to Auto.

Any help appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

thanks

Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:16 AM
  • i too have the same problem pls pls send me the tips for sound
    Monday, October 29, 2007 10:27 AM
  • I run XP and have had the same trouble.

I have recently updated my windows media player to wmplayer 11. After that i had the same problem. I had sound from mp3's but not not .avi video files and movie files. I also had no mixer controls or speaker in the task bar next to the clock.

In Control Panel/Sounds and Audio devices i was being told no Audio device installed. I rolled back the driver. This didn't help. Re-installed the driver from the manufacturer's web site. Still no good.

In the end i un-installed the whole driver device, rather scary realy, and then re-installed the driver again from the manufacturers web site. I then went back to control panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and set the audio tab. Changed the controls to my new driver in the drop down list for sound playback, sound recording and midi music playback, instead of modem #1 line playback and Hey presto, working sound and audio mixer...

Hope it helps.
    Saturday, January 5, 2008 10:53 PM