LINQ StoredProcedures? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello People,

IMy Problem how to Implement easy security in a SQL Server DB and a Client with LINQ.

More Detail:

I want to develop an Application with technologies: WPF, LINQ, SQL Server. I need to have security for different Users.

I don't want to invent new wheels, so I want to use windows security.

I start learning LINQ and one statement I read is: "Avoid use of Stored Procedures in LINQ to get the best form it". OK.

If I take a Client - Server application how do I Secure my DB and Client, if I don't use Stored Procedures, if I don't implement the Rules for Reading , Writing etc. data in the DB?

My second thought was Ok make it easy use the AzMan (Autohorization Manager) technologie.

But unless I hardcode a user and password in my Application (wich is not secure),  this leads to

an N-Tier Application. Wich in is not very handy to serialize LINQ and the lifting is far more complicated.

So this is no easy approach.

What to do if I want to secure a Client Server  App must I use StoredProcedures or not?

Thanks for any hint.

Wolfgang

C#

Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:27 PM

All replies

•  Hi,

Following Blog Post gives answer to each of your question.

https://kevinlawry.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/why-i-avoid-stored-procedures-and-you-should-too/

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:13 AM