Custom Edit Form renders with errors after creation in SPD 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a custom Edit Form.  It works fine.  Recently I wanted to add a field to the form.  When I opened it, it now has "Error Rendering Control" for every field.  How can I fix this?  This form has about 30 fields on it.  I do not want to have to rebuild this list.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

peonysmiles

• Edited by fjaconda199 Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:49 AM
    Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:46 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

Thank you for your forum posting, looking over it I see that you are getting “error rendering control”. Generally with this error in preview there is more to it than just this. As this is the generic part of the error I can only provide common things that have resolved these type of error before. Here is a kb that has this same error, but as I stated there should be a second part to the error, see if this KB matches what you’re seeing: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970425

If that KB doesn’t match the error, I would suggest clearing SPD cache and attempting again:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache

Gregg

MSFT

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hi peonysmiles,

It seems that the error message shows for the fields in the list form page in SharePoint Designer will not effect the result when you use the form page in your SharePoint site, you may try to add your field ignore this error message to check whether it works as expected, otherwise, you may need to re-create the form page.

More information, SharePoint: How to do Custom List Edit Form:
    http://geekswithblogs.net/ferdous/archive/2008/10/28/126337.aspx

Thanks,
    Qiao
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact
    tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 22, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Thanks, but this is the problem.  I have recreated this form 3 times already.  So, this cannot be a solution.

peonysmiles

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:52 PM
  • Hi peoniessmiles,

For this issue, I will involve some one familar with this topic to further look at it.

Thanks,
    Qiao
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact
    tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:23 AM
  • Hi there,

Thank you for your forum posting, looking over it I see that you are getting “error rendering control”. Generally with this error in preview there is more to it than just this. As this is the generic part of the error I can only provide common things that have resolved these type of error before. Here is a kb that has this same error, but as I stated there should be a second part to the error, see if this KB matches what you’re seeing: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970425

If that KB doesn’t match the error, I would suggest clearing SPD cache and attempting again:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache

Gregg

MSFT

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:48 PM