Display discussion replies below discussion view page RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to display the discussion replies in the discussion view page. I mean when I display the discussion display form, i want to view all the discussion replies for that discussion. Or even if I am able to display the discussion details along with discussion replies, it should be fine. Thanks in advance.
    Friday, December 2, 2011 7:07 AM

Answers

• You can create using a visual webpart getting the data from Discussion list,can use linq .Other then this am not sure any OOB will do the job for you :(
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, December 9, 2011 1:17 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you just want to view all details of the every discussion?
    If so, the discussion board has this feature by default. You just need click on the elements under “Subjuct” column, and it will bring you to the discussion of this subject with all details in Flat view and Threaded view.

Thanks.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 2, 2011 9:53 AM
  • I have been playing around a lot with the threaded and flat view. However for a specific requirement, I want to display all the threads below the main discussion. So thought to display it beneath view discussion page. Any help?
    Friday, December 2, 2011 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

We have Replies in every Subject, and have many Subjects in a Discussion Board, so what’s the meaning of “Main Discussion”?

Thanks.

Come on!
    Friday, December 2, 2011 10:10 AM
  • I mean the replies that apply to a single discussion thread. Say for one discussion subject 3 users commented. I want to show all 3 replies when I select "View Item" from the ECB of a discussion item.
    Friday, December 2, 2011 10:30 AM
  • So it has to display in DispForm?

Come on!
    Friday, December 2, 2011 10:49 AM
  • Yes please
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 6:38 AM
  • You can create using a visual webpart getting the data from Discussion list,can use linq .Other then this am not sure any OOB will do the job for you :(
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, December 9, 2011 1:17 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 7:13 AM