none
Visual Studio 2015 Error - General Exception (Exception From HRESULT: 0x80131500)

Question

• i need urgent guidance on the error code i got just after installing my Visual studio 2015.I am actually a new user of Visual Studio and missed my .NET training practical as a result of being unable to create name for new project.I tried typing a name initially but got a prompt with "

Visual Studio 2015 Error - General Exception (Exception From HRESULT: 0x80131500) 

"please i need help urgently
    Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hi wiseglend,

What do you mean by "name for new project"?
    Please provide the name you have typed.
    Sunday, April 30, 2017 4:01 AM
  • Hi wiseglend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Do you meet the same error message when you try to create other project types?

Refer to the error message, please have a look at this similar issue: Visual Studio 2013 > New project > unspecified error (exception from hresult: 0x80004005 (e_fail)) and have a try with the following:

1. Please run VS 2015 as administrator and create a new project
    2. Go to Control Panel-Programs and Features, right click the VS 2015, choose Change-Repair to repair VS 2015
    3. Go to Documents directory and right click each folder, check if they are encrypted by default or not. If so, please uncheck the encrypted option.
    4. Go to the VS 2015 installation folder like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE and open cmd to run the command: devenv /safemode to run VS with safe mode, then create new project to test.

Best regards,

Sara  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 01, 2017 8:56 AM