none
How to remove taskbar and start menu of WES7 RRS feed

• Question

• Do someone know how to remove taskbar and start menu of WES7 ? please notice : i want to remove them, note auto-hide them. : )
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:07 AM

Answers

• I am not sure how explorer.exe is related to dxva2 other than the Autoplay functionaility. You could alsways launch explorer,exe as a hidden process.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Marked as answer by jason lua Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:56 AM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:50 AM
  • you have your answer. search for a tool: "hide taskbar", "kill taskbar" or something similar. i won't do that for you.
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:30 AM

All replies

• These are part of Explorer shell. Hiding them is possible, I am not sure about removing them. Are you looking to create your own shell? Or launch an application?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:14 AM
  • No , I need Explorer shell.

if we cannot remove the taskbar,could we hide the taskbar at all times?

As we know, Using the "atuo-hide taskbar"  option of windows, we still can see the taskbar we move the mouse to the bottom of screen.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:52 AM
  • There are many tools to hide the taskbar for WXP but i think they still work on W7. Just search for hide taskbar or similar.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Can you explain a little more what you are trying to do? It may help provide a different path to solve the problem.

-Sean

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:21 PM
  • I must use the standard explorer shell, but i want to hide all app icons on desktop , taskbar and start menu... I don't want to user know it is a desktop of windows. could someone tell me how to do that. I know some UI tool could do it. But i cannot lanuch the UI tool to do that.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:17 AM
  • Why not just replace explorer shell altogether with your own custom shell for example your main application? The Command Pormopt Shell with Custom Shell Support Package was designed to help with custom shells.

-Sean

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:36 PM
  • I also don't understand you you have to run the explorer shell instead of following seans advice.
    At least i told you that there are tools to hide the taskbar. you can hide desktop icons with right click - view - show desktop icons on the desktop.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:07 PM
  • Ask Sean Liming's question, because i found if i don't lanuch explorer shell, my video player cannot use Dxva2 function.

So i have to use explorer shell, But i don't want end-user see any windows desktop.

So i want to hide all windows icon and win taskbar. And i cannot use any UI-tool to manually hide them. So do someone know are there any win32 console app can do this. or someone know how to program. or someone know how to use Dxva2 function with  Command Pormopt Shell with Custom Shell ?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:48 AM
  • I am not sure how explorer.exe is related to dxva2 other than the Autoplay functionaility. You could alsways launch explorer,exe as a hidden process.

-Sean

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:50 AM
  • you have your answer. search for a tool: "hide taskbar", "kill taskbar" or something similar. i won't do that for you.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:30 AM
  • In fact, I found a UI tool could remove the start menu button and taskbar. but I cannot use it in customer's scenario :( , So do someone know, how to progrom this function?
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:23 AM
  • http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hide+taskbar+c%2B%2B
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:32 PM
  • Thanks for all's help. i have resolved this issue now.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:55 AM
  • Hi,how did you resolve this please ? I have the same pb.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:56 PM