Server Error in '/' Application. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1286131087 posted

I have tried everything I know to get the Club site working. It works fine on my server (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker>SBS</st1:stockticker> w/ SQL 2000)  but when I upload to my hoster (www.techline.us) I get the following message  Test Site: www.elsubway.com

Server Error in '/' Application. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Parser Error <o:p></o:p>

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The 'MasterPageFile' attribute is not supported by the 'page' directive.

Source Error: <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
    Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="c#" MasterPageFile="~/Default.master" Title="Untitled Page" %><o:p></o:p>
    Line 2:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="Club" TagName="ImageThumbnail" Src="ImageThumbnail.ascx" %><o:p></o:p>
    Line 3:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="Club" Namespace="ClubSite" %><o:p></o:p>

Source File: d:\hosting\eltren\default.aspx    Line: 1 <o:p></o:p>

Version Information: Microsoft .<st1:stockticker>NET</st1:stockticker> Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032[:(]

Can anyone help me?
    Thanks

Monday, October 17, 2005 2:58 PM

All replies

• User82929862 posted
    I don't think the stater kit will work on the 1.1 framework.
    Monday, October 17, 2005 3:42 PM
  • User-1829657710 posted
    Thats right it will not work with the 1.1 framework, you have to use the 2.0 framework. But as I do not know much about the users hardware and IIS setup, it may just be that the Virtual Directory is set to use ASP.Net 1.1, and needs to be changed to use ASP.Net 2.0.
    In the properties for the IIS Virtual Directory or Website, there is a tab for ASP.Net, change it to run with ASP.Net 2.0.
    Monday, October 17, 2005 5:41 PM
  • User-1286131087 posted

Thanks you are right it does need asp.net 2.0<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Regards<o:p></o:p>

Victor Perez

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:15 PM