VB 6.0 dll not working RRS feed

• Question

• I made a native dll by Visual Studio 6.0 (yes, I know, old and perhaps unsupported) on my dev machine and it is working perfect.
    This is a COM in-process server and is instantiated from Excel VBA.

On a certain machine this is not working.
    Compiling on the "problem machine" solves the problem, but this is less than optimal of course (next release etc.).

I have now both files and they are exactly same size, but e.g. a FC shows many differences.
    However these differences are far too difficult to interpret without a good tool.

What kind of tool could help me to find out the real differences?
    Disassembler?
    Please hint me!

Monday, March 5, 2018 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This forum is for VB.NET as stated when you posted your question. Please use the forum below for vb6 questions.

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Proposed as answer by Paul P Clement IV Monday, March 5, 2018 2:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by EuroEager Monday, March 5, 2018 2:43 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 2:14 PM
  • When you re-post your question I would recommend indicating what you mean by "not working" (e.g. Errors?) and describing the function of the DLL. It sounds to me like a component dependency or system configuration problem but we really can't address VB 6 DLL issues here unless they are related to VB.NET.

BTW, a VB.NET DLL can also be accessed from Excel so you may want to consider updating the component to a newer platform.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Marked as answer by EuroEager Monday, March 5, 2018 2:43 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 2:32 PM

All replies