none
Options in SharePoint 2013 Designer or Other Ways to Send OOTB Survey Automatically... RRS feed

• Question

• All,

Wondering what the best scenario would be as I have an OOTB (out of the box survey) created and one of the fields
    in the survey is event date end. I need to send the survey to users to fill out - 3 days after the event they attended.

Therefore, since I'm on-premise (and not a developer) with SharePoint 2013 I see the following options none of which are very elegant:

1) In SharePoint Designer use the Pause for Duration or Pause until Date to key off the event end date to send the link to the survey

2) Create a Powershell that looks at the event end date and automatically sends the users the proper survey link

Note: I'm adding to the survey some look-ups to allow it so that a user can enter in multiple surveys for a one to many relationship against an event list previously being utilized.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:41 PM

Answers

• I would go for option 1. Trigger the workflow on Create Item.

Select Pause until Date to set the workflow to pause until the Target

As this is OOTB it is very reliable.

Note that if the event is modified you will need to cancel the first workflow and start a new workflow on Item Modified.

• Proposed as answer by Victor Gruber Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by kmoneill Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:45 PM
  • Hi kmoneill,

I agree with Victor, you could use SharePoint Designer to achieve this.

In the workflow, add 3 days to the event date end, then pause until the date. Like this:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:59 AM

All replies

• I would go for option 1. Trigger the workflow on Create Item.

Select Pause until Date to set the workflow to pause until the Target

As this is OOTB it is very reliable.

Note that if the event is modified you will need to cancel the first workflow and start a new workflow on Item Modified.

• Proposed as answer by Victor Gruber Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:45 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:45 PM
  • Hi kmoneill,

I agree with Victor, you could use SharePoint Designer to achieve this.

In the workflow, add 3 days to the event date end, then pause until the date. Like this:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:59 AM