Closing an app RRS feed

• Question

• This might be an unusual question, but is it there a way to close ones app? Except for making an Exception.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• Unless your app has the user's permission to run under a lock screen, it will stop running when the lock screen engages anyway. Be sure to check the Application Sumission Guidelines if you plan to submit this type of app.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:00 PM

All replies

• For a Silverlight app, the user should close the app, not you. Do you have a specific scenario that needs closing?
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:49 PM
  • Well, if I have an app running it'll will prevent the phone from "sleeping". Let say I wanted to make a app that plays a sound for 10 minutes, while the users falls asleep, and then closes. So that the phone can "sleep" to :-) I guess the screen turns off after a while. Will the phone use the same amount of energy if the sound stops and app goes "quite", as it would if the app closes completely? I don't have a phone yet, slow Spain, so I can't test it.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:54 PM
  • Unless your app has the user's permission to run under a lock screen, it will stop running when the lock screen engages anyway. Be sure to check the Application Sumission Guidelines if you plan to submit this type of app.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:00 PM
  • In XNA, you can just call Exit() from the Update() function of your Game derived class.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:13 PM
  • Thanks, I forgot about that. And I guess I can turn on ApplicationIdleDetection again when the app is done and wants to sleep.
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:36 AM