HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one or its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name ... RRS feed

• Question

• When I’m trying to run Web Service *.asmx, right click view in browser, I’m getting the following error:

“HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one or its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.”

At the first time I run it, it works fine and one of the icon tray I clicked lunched the admin site for asp.net (asp.netwebadminfiles) I clicked the logout ant since then it’s not working, I tried creating new projects, and also I tried the following command:

start WebDev.WebServer.exe /port:8080 /path:c:\test

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:16 AM

Answers

• I am not sure if you have the right forum.  It seems like you don't have IIS installed, or if you do, you are running an ASP.NET web service.  You may want to look at the ASP.NET forums
    Friday, July 15, 2005 7:54 PM

All replies

• I am not sure if you have the right forum.  It seems like you don't have IIS installed, or if you do, you are running an ASP.NET web service.  You may want to look at the ASP.NET forums
    Friday, July 15, 2005 7:54 PM
  • Hi Amir

I do have the same problem. Did you have a solution yet ?

Greetings

Hans

Monday, August 15, 2005 12:28 PM
  • I was having this pop up on me all over the place, then discovered by stepping thru my code that it was actually due to a bug in my code. Then I realized that I had made a change to the web.config....

I changed the customErrors mode to On.... must have copied that along with some other config settings.... Once I turned it off, I was able to debug again... and wasn't getting the 404 errors all over the place...

<customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="/404.aspx"/>

Mark

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:48 PM
  • what can i do to fix this
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006 2:43 AM
  • Moving to a more appropriate forum.
    Thursday, September 7, 2006 1:48 PM
  • What an ass. how about helping him get to right forum. You have a similar attitude to the guy i replaced here. everyone hated him. I also have been looking for an answer to this problem and the ASP.net forums did not help. If your going to take time to reply to someone, would it kill you to at least be helpful?

Anyone else have any links to some HELPFUL forums on this topic?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:07 PM
  • Who are you replying to? Surely you're not replying to a message from 2006?
    John Saunders
    WCF is Web Services. They are not two separate things.
    Use WCF for All New Web Service Development, instead of legacy ASMX or obsolete WSE
    Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:38 PM