none
PR_RETENTION_FLAGS documentation missing a definition for the 0x80 value? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've been doing some development using EWS (Exchange 2010 SP1) to apply personal archive tags to mailbox folders, and I've noticed that the PR_RETENTION_FLAGS property frequently has a value of 0x80. For example, if I create a new folder through Outlook 2010 or OWA, and then use MFCMAPI to check the folder properties I see this value for the PR_RETENTION_FLAGS property. I can also reproduce this value if I set a folder's archive tag back to "Folder default" from a personal tag. This value isn't defined in the reference for that property (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee202166(v=exchg.80).aspx, as far as I can tell). It seems to be cleared after the MFA process runs.

Does anyone know what this value means?

Thanks, Jason

Friday, June 22, 2012 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason, there are actually 2 values that need to be added to the table in MS-OXCMSG section 2.2.1.50.6. I have filed a request to have this information added to a future release of the documentation.

Flag name 

Value 

Description

Needs Rescan

0x00000080

Folder needs to be rescanned

Pending Rescan

0x00000100

Folder is being rescanned.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Thanks for your question about PR_RETENTION_FLAGS.  One of the Open Specfications team will respond shortly to begin working with you.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, June 22, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Hi Jason, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Friday, June 22, 2012 3:35 PM
  • Hi Jason, there are actually 2 values that need to be added to the table in MS-OXCMSG section 2.2.1.50.6. I have filed a request to have this information added to a future release of the documentation.

Flag name 

Value 

Description

Needs Rescan

0x00000080

Folder needs to be rescanned

Pending Rescan

0x00000100

Folder is being rescanned.

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:06 PM
  • Thanks Josh!
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:09 PM