Certification failure, app exits with code C000027B under low resource simulation

Question

• I wrote a program using Visual Studio 2013 Express, created the app package and then ran the Windows App Certification Kit from Visual Studio.  It reported several crash and hang failures.  I opened the dump files (serially) in Visual Studio.  The error code in each was C000027B.  In each one, when I went through the debug steps to try to locate the problem, I got the "source is not available for this module" message.  I examined the stack frames.  Everything in it was a dll, and, as far as I could tell, none had source available.  I could not see any indication that my code had actually run.

Not seeing how to proceed with that, I ran the Application Verifier and used the Debug Installed App Package function of Visual Studio.  The program ran fine under every test except the low resource simulation.  Under that test, the splash screen stayed up for a long time and then the initial screen of the program was displayed.  However, the instant any action was taken -- moving the mouse, touching the screen, etc. -- the program exited with code C000027B.  No exception caught by the debugger, no log generated by the Application Verifier, just quietly exiting.

What should be my next step to figure out what is happening and how to fix it?

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Update:  I looked in the Event Viewer and found the following:

Information 3/11/2014 6:54:41 PM Apps 2485 (2409)
    Package winstore_1.0.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy+Windows.Store was terminated due to low system resources.

Information 3/11/2014 6:54:42 PM Apps 2485 (2409)
    Package windows.immersivecontrolpanel_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy+microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel was terminated due to low system resources.

Error 3/11/2014 6:56:51 PM Apps 2484 (2400)
    Package 50258W.PrestonGranbery.BridgeCoach_1.0.0.4_neutral__r7ftj9jccpfq8+App was terminated because it took too long to suspend.

That sounds like an explanation, but I have no idea what to do about it.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:16 PM
  • Hello,

I am moving this post to the Tools for Windows Store apps forum so this can be better answered.

Thanks!

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:11 PM
  • Hi,

May be the problem occur due to  your app use too much system memory. You should try to improve your app performance, see the links below to get more information about how to improve performance of your app:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2013/02/27/how-to-profile-a-xaml-windows-store-app.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/Library/windows/apps/hh696636.aspx

And see how to manage memory in windows store app:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/jj721593.aspx

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:53 AM