Copy ASP.NET WebForm Website with SQL Database RRS feed

• Question

• User2114489497 posted

Hi I did a project for college where I had to design and create a Auction Website using C# ASP.NET Webform with a SQL Database Connected to store all the data from the website.

What I want to know is how do I copy the Website with all the pages and the SQL Database to hand it in for my college.

Do I need to publish it or is it just copy and paste or is there something specific I need to do?

I did copy and paste the Database and website to my laptop but the problem then was the database didn't work and my SQL on my laptop also didn't want to read he Database, this is why I'm asking for help.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:08 PM

All replies

• User-943250815 posted

I did copy and paste the Database and website to my laptop but the problem then was the database didn't work and my SQL on my laptop also didn't want to read he Database

Review your connection string on web.config, and point it to SQL you have on notebook, the it should work.

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:37 PM
  • User-719153870 posted

Hi Dreyer,

For your webform project in vs, you just need to copy and paste the folder of the project to your laptop and open it with your laptop’s vs.

For your database, you need to backup the database first, and then copy and paste the backup file into your laptop.

Then use your laptop’s database to restore the backup files, you can get your original database and its data.

For backup and restore database, you can refer to:  Backup and Restore .

Please remember to change the connection string in your web.config like jzero said, because when you restore your database you may have changed your database’s name.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

Monday, July 15, 2019 1:36 AM