Signed WDSQuery.dll that can go into the Global Assembly Cache RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a library in C# that will go into the Global Assembly Cache.  The library useds the WDSQuery.dll.  Because the WDSQuery.dll is not signed, I get the following error on compilation:

error CS1577: Assembly generation failed -- Referenced assembly 'WDSQuery' does not have a strong name
    Please suggest how I can sign it or please post a signed version of the DLL.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:58 PM

Answers

• Try:

SN.exe myKey.snk

TlbImp wdsQuery.tlb /keyfile:myKey.snk

You might have to also do /primary to generate a PIA, though I don't know if that's advisable or not (since we're the ones that are supposed to generate the PIA). 

Remember, this SDK is considered "beta" at this point.

Tuesday, November 1, 2005 12:11 AM

All replies

• As the SDK is in beta form, the DLL was not signed or generated as a PIA.

Since we provide the TLB with the SDK, I think you could sign it with sn.exe and then generate a new interop DLL from that with tlbimp (look around MSDN if you need documentation for how to generate an interop DLL).  But like the rest of the current SDK, this is unsupported.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:17 AM
  • I have looked at the parameters for SN.exe and have tried a few but can't get it to sign the WDSQuery.tlb with an existing .snk.
    Please Advise,

Michael

Monday, October 31, 2005 10:18 PM
  • Try:

SN.exe myKey.snk

TlbImp wdsQuery.tlb /keyfile:myKey.snk

You might have to also do /primary to generate a PIA, though I don't know if that's advisable or not (since we're the ones that are supposed to generate the PIA). 

Remember, this SDK is considered "beta" at this point.

Tuesday, November 1, 2005 12:11 AM