none
Can't publish a SPFX .sppkg (expects a file ending .app) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to publish our first SharePoint add-in to the Office Store.  The package I've been provided is a SPFX package (extension .sppkg) but the Seller Dashboard expects it to have the extension .app:

You must upload a valid app. The expected extension for a SharePoint add-in is .app and for an Office or Outlook add-in is .xml. 

Is there a way around this?  Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Taras CN Friday, April 21, 2017 1:33 PM
    • Moved by Mattew Wu Monday, April 24, 2017 2:42 AM moving to correct category
    Friday, April 21, 2017 1:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Taras,

This forum is used to discuss the publishing question about Windows Store, so I move your thread here for better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 2:41 AM
  • Thanks Mattew - I was directed to that forum by the Seller Dashboard!  Hopefully someone here can answer my question as we're stumped.
    Monday, April 24, 2017 1:46 PM
  • Matthew, did you ever find a solution for this? We are having the same exact issue.
    Monday, October 2, 2017 6:45 PM
  • Hi Taras,

I'm afraid the SharePoint Framework does not yet support Store submission or acquisition scenarios.  While the SharePoint Framework team are evaluating how to apply Store capabilities to SPFX, there is no timeline for release yet.

I suggest you check in via the SFX blogs on Dev.Office.Com/Blogs, for example: https://dev.office.com/blogs/pnp-september-2017-release

David Mowatt, Office Store Program Management.

Friday, December 15, 2017 2:59 PM