none
WCF Application - GUI Message delayed in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have developed a WCF windows service to do some background operation.  The working flow will be like the user will initiate the operation request through the web browser, then the WCF Service will communicate the result to the form application through socket programming (socket timeout - 1 min).  Based on the result, message will be thrown in the form application. 

When the user initiate the request from chrome and Firefox, this flow works fine.  But When the user initiate the request from internet explorer, there is some delay in displaying the message to the user.  I have enabled log in the application and find that the message box should be displayed at xx time, but the user get the visible message once the socket is timeout. But in chrome and Firefox, the user can see the message immediately.  I have tried to resolve these issue by creating thread and background process in the form application, but no use.  And googling also does n't help a lot. Kindly share us any link or guide me solve the problem.

MIB

• Edited by MIB BALA Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:26 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hi MIB,

>> I have enabled log in the application and find that the message box should be displayed at xx time, but the user get the visible message once the socket is timeout.

If you increase the timeout, will the message show up until timeout? As my understanding, Socket communication is real time, if you debug your WCF Service step by step, after the socket sent message, will the form application get message? If you access WCF from IE, will the method hit breakpoint directly?

It would be helpful if you could share us a simple project which could reproduce your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 3, 2017 1:28 AM