none
Create Add-in for Outlook Web RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm developing an Add-in for Outlook Web. I can create an Add-in in a screen of Appointment detail but I would like to create an Add-in in a screen of Calendar. Could you please share me the way to do this? Is it possible or not?

Thank you in advance.

Phong.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Phong,

Outlook Web Add-ins are run in the context of items. If you need to create a system-wide pane , for example, for a calendar folder, you need to develop a COM add-in instead. There you can use Create Outlook form regions or just subclass Outlook windows using Windows API functions for injecting your forms anywhere. See the Creating Adjacent Windows In Outlook sample project. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:43 AM
  • Hello Eugene,

Thank you for your very quick reply.

You mention about the Outlook App (fat client), but my point is creating an Add-in in Outlook Web (outlook.live.com). I would share the picture for explaining more clearly but I'm not able to.

I want put the Add-in button in the screen Calendar view (when you click to Calendar icon in left bottom of Outlook Web page).

Have you the idea about this?

Best regards,

Phong.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:28 AM
  • Hi Phuong,

The add-in API doesn't support to custom layout for folder view. The add-in runs on single message and cannot be run at a "higher" level now. See Custom folder/inbox views in an Outlook Web Add-in for more information. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:03 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your support.

I'll wait for an upgrade of Outlook Web Add-in for custom layout. 

Best regards,

Phong.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:51 AM