none
Primary Interop Assemblies missing in my Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have to use "Microsoft.mshtml.dll" for one of my web data exaction, but  

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies

Primary Interop Assemblies missing in my Windows 7 

Could you please help me for getting "Microsoft.mshtml.dll" in my system.

Thanks
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:07 AM

All replies

• Dear All,

I have to use "Microsoft.mshtml.dll" for one of my web data exaction, but  

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies

Primary Interop Assemblies missing in my Windows 7 

Could you please help me for getting "Microsoft.mshtml.dll" in my system.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:52 PM
  • This forum is about programming with the Microsoft Access database program. Ask your question in a .NET forum.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:46 PM
  • Hello, 

This forum(Access for Developers) is for discussing issue related to Microsoft Access Database and I think you issue is more related to .net Framework Class Library, so I would move your thread to .Net Framework Class Libraries Forum.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:48 AM
  • Hi Dear,

For your question, you could download the dll from the following link.

http://www.dlldownloader.com/microsoft-mshtml-dll/

I try to download from the link. IT works well.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:39 AM
  • Note that this DLL has been updated with version = "7.0.3300.1", timestamp = "2015-07-07 12:51 AM" and file size = "8,036,352" bytes.

Check and see the files matches before use.

At least check it's signed with "Microsoft Corporation" and countersigned with "Microsoft Timestamp Service" to make sure it's not tempered.
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 4:30 AM
    Answerer
  • yes, I copied "Microsoft.mshtml.dll" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies",
    but again not work ,
    Is it need to register somewhere ?
    After just copy , will it work?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:21 AM
  • Hi Sandy2689,

Thank you for feedback.

>but again not work ,

How  do you use this dll? In my previous reply, it shows how to copy the dll to Windows system folder. 

In my computer, I have this dll in this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies. Do you mean when you add reference it does not work? If it is, please show me the code, I will test it.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 7:55 AM
  • All PIA libraries need to be installed via RegAsm.exe in order to work.

However before installing, it's strongly recommended to check the digital signature to verify it's not tampered file, and verify the file version matches what you should be using.

Monday, November 20, 2017 11:56 AM
    Answerer