SharePoint 2007 Check In Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have aquestion that has to do with an Excel document. We are using SharePoint 2007. One of our End Users is getting the following message when she tries to 'Check In' the document. "This docuemnt was checked out to your local drafts folder but the local copy could not be checked in to the site. Close application that is editiong the document and try to check in again, or discard the check out." No one has the document open or checked out. There is no check out arrow.

Hope some one can help.

Thanks

Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:09 PM

All replies

• Can you check to see if anyone has opened the document and left it open?  The client applications apply a local write protection on the file that takes about 10 minutes AFTER the user has closed it to clear.  Failing that, you can try copying the information in the file into a brand new document and uploading that, which'll allow you to remove the original item.
    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 5:31 PM
    Answerer
  • No one has the document open. The user had the same problem before and just downloaded the document to made changes then uploaded the document. I think there should be a way to 'fix' this issue.

Thanks

Monday, November 7, 2011 4:54 PM
  • If she open a document in her drafts folder and she has not close it, she tries to 'Check In' the document,she will got this message. I have two Solutions.

1.She must close the excel document,and then she will get message to 'check in' this document.

2.she can select "discard check out' the document in sharepoint and in excel 2007,the two place have to do the same action.

• Edited by Just so so Friday, November 11, 2011 4:42 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 4:27 AM
  • I got a solution from another SharePoint Admin that works in our higher headquarters. The problem seems to be fixed. He suggested,

"Reinstall the MSWEBFOLDERS on that machine."

Thanks for the help.

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:29 PM