Requesting what things were deleted on HealthVault. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

Just getting started with HealthVault integration (iOS). Working on our weight tracker first. My question is: how can I get a list of things that were deleted (since a specific date)? Just that, just the thing-ids. I don't need to know what was in there.

Together with queries on what has been added / changed since that specific date, this is essential to sync efficiently, independent of the amount of entries (things). 

This question has been asked before but I can't find a recent one. The 2009 thread suggests to solve this by getting all things and comparing with the database. This would work, but becomes more inefficient as more entries are added. The 2011 thing mainly talks about privacy, but since I only want to know the ids, not their content, I don't think that is a valid argument.

The HealthVault Service Specification doesn't help either, it hasn't been updated since 2009 and suggests "<thing-state>Deleted</thing-state>", which doesn't work for me (which is expected based on what I read on the forums).

Does anyone know what the current 'best practice' is regarding setting up synchronization? And perhaps or / when this will be improved?

Thanks,

Jochem

• Edited by Jochem C Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:42 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:04 AM

Answers

• HealthVault does not have an API to retrieve a list of deleted thing-ids. The only way to sync is to obtain a list of thing-ids (only need partial things using max-full=0) and compare locally. Please take a look at this post as well.
    • Marked as answer by Jochem C Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:39 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:21 PM

All replies

• HealthVault does not have an API to retrieve a list of deleted thing-ids. The only way to sync is to obtain a list of thing-ids (only need partial things using max-full=0) and compare locally. Please take a look at this post as well.
    • Marked as answer by Jochem C Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:39 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:21 PM
  • Thank you for your answer. It seems this has not changed over the years then. I do hope the functionality I described will one day be implemented. I simply don't see why it couldn't. 
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:39 AM