Windows 8 Installation Issues on Sony Vaio All-In-One Touchscreen

Question

• I recently bought an all-in-one touch screen (Sony Vaio L series) PC. I have had multiple failed attempts are installing Windows 8 on it, each time the whole installation goes through without any issues but declines to go past the first time boot configuration screens.

On first boot after installation, when it prompts me to personalize the installation, I am just not able to navigate to further screens. The display looks all blown up and the only option I see on screen is the accessibility option. Unable to go any further, I always end up hard-resetting the PC. 

The desktop I am trying to install windows 8 has recovery partition, is currently running legit copy of Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit), has Intel® Core™ i7-2860QM quad-core processor, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (1GB) dedicated graphics, 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-SDRAM-1333. I created separate 25 GB partition to install Windows 8 but still no luck. 

I hate not being able to use tiles interface on my new PC. Please help where am I going wrong, Is it the recovery partition? :(

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:43 PM

Answers

• Hello Sukhdeep Padda,

Your computer meets the requirements for installing Windows Developer Preview.

You may have a corrupted download of the ISO. The majority of the time, it is an issue with the ISO not burning properly even with you doing the correct steps. The issue you are describing may be caused by a bad burn of the .iso. Try re-downloading and re-burning the .iso file. Also, it may help to burn using a lower speed if the software you are using to burn the .iso supports that function.

On Windows 7, the easiest way to convert this file is to use Windows Disc Image Burner
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Burn-a-CD-or-DVD-from-an-ISO-file

I suggest you unplug all external devices during the install as it could be causing a conflict.

I also recommend downloading and installing the most current driver for your NVIDIA GeForce video card.

Please let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:24 PM