ImageList_CoCreateInstance Entry Point Not Found RRS feed

• Question

• I get the error ImageList_CoCreateInstance Entry Point Not Found COMCTL32.dll on Windows 7. Google did not reveal any solution why this could happend. Anybody aware what can cause this? The code runs fine on Windows Xp.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 9:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you post code and Stack trace of the exception.
    Ganesh Ranganathan
    [Please mark the post as answer if it answers your question]
    blog.ganeshzone.net
    Friday, March 5, 2010 9:37 AM
  • There is no exception thrown the message is displayed out of my code.

Friday, March 5, 2010 10:00 AM
  • Anybody?
    Friday, March 5, 2010 4:35 PM
  • Here is a link to a simular problem, By what I have read it could be the dll causing it. The dll coud be a different version on windows 7 then on XP.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080420135704AAFblwW

Also if your search just for COMCTL32.dll and COMCTL32.dll windows 7 youl will find a lot of problems a solutions for this type problem.

Curtis
    Always Lost in Code,
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 8:33 PM
  • When do you get this error? Can you give some sample code that reproduces it?
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:08 PM
  • I cant give you the sample code as this error is never thrown while under debugger :( so i have no idea which function is causing it. I suppose its ShGetFileInfo api function.

Monday, March 8, 2010 9:51 AM
  • There's at least two comctl32 dlls. The legacy one is located at the system32 folder, and the others are located in SxS store and loaded depending on requested common controls version in the manifest file.
    So check if the correct version is loaded and adjust your manifest if needed.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 11:41 AM
  • I take the previous post back its not the ShGetFileInfo function. I am writing a shell replacement where i start some of the shell services and it seems that the place where error occour. After looking up on internet i found the same proposals as Alex suggests. I will try to create a manifest file and see how it goes.

Monday, March 8, 2010 5:16 PM
  • It seems that indeed the problem is with wrong dll version. The problem is that both dlls are loaded into the process and i am not sure what i should do. Should i unload the earlier version with FreeLibrary or there any other way around?
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:43 AM
  • Tuesday, March 9, 2010 2:00 PM