Tab Navigation displays white screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have a page build in Blend4 which has 6 tabs.  The navigation between tabs 4 and 5 will cause a blank white screen appear.  There is no error symbol on the explorer screen and the program builds without errors.  Any thoughts?

This may be important as well.  I have combined code from two different projects to create what I am working on now.  Perhaps related?

I appreciate input.

Barbara Weaver

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:33 PM

All replies

• We're going to need more information. Could you post the relevant XAML? What is the difference between the navigation from tabs 4 and 5 and the navigation from the rest of the tabs?

Friday, November 9, 2012 7:36 PM
  • I have produced a smaller version of my blend4 project which has the tab navigation problem (plus the other support pages.)  The tab style for  tabs 1,2,3,4 were created in a different project in Blend, but used the same style resource (located in the leader.xaml resource dictionary). Here is the link to the style code for the Tab Control and Tab Item:   http://taberror.americaagro.com/Style.pdf

Here is how I get my white screen.  As you enter the program you get the Welcome screen.  Press CLICK TO START and select the Brownie option.  At the brownie.xaml page, select the last "Journey" tab.  Then selection the previous tab - The program.

Interestingly - if you start at the 1 tab and navigate sequentially through the tabs -- they seem to work.  Also, the first time the program is loaded it seems to work okay.  I suggest you try it, close the program and reload to see the error.

Here is the link:  http://taberror.americaagro.com/

I hope you can help -- I may be bald soon from pulling out my hair over this.  Thanks.

Barbara Weaver

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:56 AM
  • I attached a debugger to your site, but I wasn't able to see any exceptions being thrown. If you email me your project, I'll take a look at it and see if I can find the issue. My email address is "first.last@microsoft.com" (substituting my name for "first" and "last").
    Monday, November 12, 2012 2:18 PM