Dynamically Modifying Speech Recognition Grammar Source RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy,

I'm trying to increase the accuracy of a speech recognition control system which has multiple steps (which only need to recognize a sub-set of the whole speech recognition dictionary being used) which are passed through by saying one of the appropriate commands for each stage. It’s being done in XP so I’m using an xml, dictionary-style grammar file.

In order to increase the accuracy of the speech recognition at each stage I would like to load a different grammar file for each stage (so the system has many less commands to choose between) and have found that I should be able to do this using ‘DeleteGrammarEntry’ (to take out the previous stages commands), then ‘InsertGrammarEntry’ (to add the next stage’s in). However I’m confusing myself a bit with what exactly I’m supposed to pass to these functions/how to specify in the code the different grammar files that I’ve created.

If anyone could kick a hint my way I would be most appreciative =D

Cheers,

AE.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:58 PM

Answers

• When you use the SpeechRecognizerGUI in conjunction with the SpeechRecognizer service, it changes the grammar whenever you do a Save. You can look at the source code for the SpeechRecognizerGui to see how it does it. It is in samples\Technologies\Speech.

Trevor
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:28 PM

All replies

• When you use the SpeechRecognizerGUI in conjunction with the SpeechRecognizer service, it changes the grammar whenever you do a Save. You can look at the source code for the SpeechRecognizerGui to see how it does it. It is in samples\Technologies\Speech.

Trevor
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:28 PM

• Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes I think I'll create a reference array for each level of the speech program and perform the grammar wipe then add each command individually from the reference arrays, similar to what is implemented in the SpeechRecognizierGUI.

Thanks!

AE.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 3:53 AM