none
Appointment item trigger RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to show a message box every time an appointment starts, using VBA. I know there is an event for reminders, beforeReminderShow, but I dont have reminders on my appointments and I am not able to add reminders to them either since the appointments are synced with an other calender software. I basically need a trigger when an appointment starts, is that possible?

Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hello Dane,

You can use the ReminderSet property of the MailItem class which allows to set a Boolean value that is True if a reminder has been set for this item. In that case the BeforeReminderShow event is fired before the Reminder dialog box is displayed. That is the right way for handling appointment items and showing a custom UI (your own form/message box to a user).

Also you can keep your own list of appointment items (IDs and start time) and shown a message box at the specified time. But in that case you should monitor any changes in appointment items. That's not a good idea.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:09 PM
  • Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that the appointments are missing reminders. Is there any other trigger when appointments start? Except reminders?

Thanks.

Friday, March 10, 2017 6:01 AM
  • Hi,

>>Is there any other trigger when appointments start?

No. Outlook object model doesn't provide any event when appointments start.

If there is no reminder, to work around, we need to check its property and show message box as Eugene suggested.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Ok, Thank you anyway.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:05 PM
  • Hello,

I suggest you mark helpful post as answer to close the thread and it would be of great help to others who have similar issue.

If you have any new issues about Outlook Object Model, please feel free to post new thread on the forum.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:32 AM