Localize album titles RRS feed

• Question

• User1019027780 posted

I have localized my site's sitemap and body text to display in 2 languages. I am stuck at localizing the photo album titles...because they are contained in the database. There should be a way to localize these fields but I can't figure it out, has anyone accomplished this or have any idea how to?

Michael

Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:49 AM

All replies

• User-470797114 posted

Friend, you can try with 'Resource Manager'

Here is the more details on it : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.resources.resourcemanager.aspx

Good luck!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:49 AM
  • User1052258516 posted

This will require a change to the database schema, the Album table has a Caption field, this will need to be broken out into a new table that contains the AlbumID, some kind of language identifier and the album title.  When you query the database you will need to pass in the language identifier (whatever that is) and return the captions based on that identifier.  This goes same for the admin side of things you will need to change the admin section to allow to add/edit all supported languages when you add/edit an album.

Hope this helps.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:33 PM
  • User1019027780 posted

Thanks for the good answer, I know it works but I'm afraid it's all greek to me. I don't have database knowledge advanced enough to carry out what you instruct. Can we take this step by step?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:11 PM