none
Expression Web 4, Windows 10 and Snippets. RRS feed

• Question

• I understand Expression Web 4 works in Windows 10, but I wonder if there are exceptions.  I have Expression Web 4 installed on a Desktop, with the Operating System Windows XP Pro, and the Snippets Panel is populated.  However, on my Laptop, with the Operating System Windows 10 Home, it is not.  If there is a Forum Member(s) with the Operating System Windows 10, who has experienced this problem and solved it and would be willing to share, I would appreciate very much hearing from them.  As always I would appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.
    Saturday, March 16, 2019 9:02 PM

Answers

• Never mind, I was able to do what was necessary to enable the Snippets Panel to populate.  But should anyone using Windows 10, have any information regarding problems using Expression Web 4, I would appreciate them sharing.  I haven't completely decided if the way to go is Expression Web 4 or Dreamweaver, which is being supported.  I just hate spending the money and time in learning Dreamweaver for no more than I would be using it.  I will appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

• Marked as answer by jpcummins Friday, March 29, 2019 7:37 PM
    Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:32 PM
  • I have no problems using EW on Windows 10, on three different computers.  Free is a hard price to beat, so stick with EW4 unless you actually start having problems with it.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Sunday, March 17, 2019 8:27 PM
  • No problems, zipped snippets folder and migrated to 3 PC's with W10.
    • Marked as answer by jpcummins Friday, March 29, 2019 7:38 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:33 PM
  • I appreciate you replying to my comment and I agree; plus free is always good.  Thank you so much!
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:46 PM
  • I appreciate you replying to my comment.  Windows 10, at least for me, is much more difficult when it comes to finding things than Windows XP was.  Regardless, it is what it is, thank you so much.
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:53 PM

All replies

• Never mind, I was able to do what was necessary to enable the Snippets Panel to populate.  But should anyone using Windows 10, have any information regarding problems using Expression Web 4, I would appreciate them sharing.  I haven't completely decided if the way to go is Expression Web 4 or Dreamweaver, which is being supported.  I just hate spending the money and time in learning Dreamweaver for no more than I would be using it.  I will appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:32 PM
  • I have no problems using EW on Windows 10, on three different computers.  Free is a hard price to beat, so stick with EW4 unless you actually start having problems with it.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Sunday, March 17, 2019 8:27 PM
  • No problems, zipped snippets folder and migrated to 3 PC's with W10.
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:33 PM
  • I appreciate you replying to my comment and I agree; plus free is always good.  Thank you so much!
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:46 PM
  • I appreciate you replying to my comment.  Windows 10, at least for me, is much more difficult when it comes to finding things than Windows XP was.  Regardless, it is what it is, thank you so much.
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:53 PM