none
kinect verification update configuration definitions RRS feed

• Question

• Kinect v2 1409

Running the Kinect Configuration Verifier application:

"Failed to update" 

This doesn't always happen. 

Why would this be intermittent? 

What causes (might cause)Failed to update, using last known good definitions.  this to happen on a system?

Ken

Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:05 PM

All replies

• Do you have a connection to the internet at that time?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:49 PM
  • Pretty sure I did, however, I was on the corporate network, firewall yadda yadda creds wink wink knudge knudge, it should have been right.  Creds store fun you're saying huh.  Hmm, duly noted thanks.

I had not used it in a while as I had been using the replay from the studio.  Is there a variable in there for time for such an event to occur, cause the reason I ran the verifier in the first place was some flakiness associated with the unit not working correctly. 

So I rebooted.

Tried the verifier.

Logged a complaint (a feature inquest) to this forum.  Thought I put it out there as something to note. Thanks I'll keep an eye on it if it happens again network connectivity.

Ken

Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:23 PM
  • Thanks for the report, it is good to known when things don't seem right. The check is made every time you launch the app. This is to ensure you have the latest configurations that we have tested against. If there is no connection, is shouldn't stop the functionality with the data it already has.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, October 10, 2014 4:59 PM