"limit of 10 simultaneous connections imposed" RRS feed

• Question

• User2057898579 posted

See the following sentences from getting started tutorial:

"....Note that if a client operating system is used, such as for development (Windows 8 or Windows 7), full versions of IIS or Cassini should not be used, since there will be a limit of 10 simultaneous connections imposed, which will be reached very quickly since connections are transient, frequently re-established, and are not disposed immediately upon no longer being used. IIS Express should be used on client operating systems.

Also note that for SignalR to use WebSocket, IIS 8 or IIS 8 Express must be used, the server must be using Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, or later, and WebSocket must be enabled in IIS. For information on how to enable WebSocket in IIS, see IIS 8.0 WebSocket Protocol Support."

Does it means that if I had deploy my application with Signalr on a windows 7 or windows 8 with IIS, that there is a limit of 10 connections? Are 10 connection per application or all applications together? Is there a possibility to "upgrad" to more connections?

How many connection do I have on windows 7 embedded?

How many connection do I have on windows server?

Monday, August 10, 2015 2:48 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi progi,

progi

Does it means that if I had deploy my application with Signalr on a windows 7 or windows 8 with IIS, that there is a limit of 10 connections?

Base on my experience, SignalR itself doesn't have any limmiation of connections. But the operating system and server part may limit connections.

Form this “Connection limit reached” section in this link http://www.asp.net/signalr/overview/testing-and-debugging/troubleshooting , we could find this.

When using the full version of IIS on a client operating system like Windows 7, a 10-connection limit is imposed. When using a client OS, 
    use IIS Express instead to avoid this limit.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:49 AM
  • User2057898579 posted

Hei Fei

Thanks for your answer. But IIS Express is only for development testing and not for productive systems?

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:57 AM
  • User1104055534 posted

Hi progi,

Thanks for your post here!

IIS Express should be used for development testing purpose for common scenarios.

And for your question about the signalr limitation, I guess you might want to go through SignalR's GitHub Performance page for more information:

From above link, you could find ways to configure Max Concurrent request for per application or even Max Concurrent Requests for one CPU.

Hope you could find useful information for this issue.

Best Regards,

Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:49 PM