none
No Entity Framework provider found for the ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'System.Data.SqlClient' RRS feed

• Question

• I use EF6 in my web site, tested local success, but when I publish, I got this error:

“/”应用程序中的服务器错误。

Schema specified is not valid. Errors: 
    GWJG.ssdl(2,2) : error 0152: No Entity Framework provider found for the ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'System.Data.SqlClient'. Make sure the provider is registered in the 'entityFramework' section of the application config file. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for more information.

Awen

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:10 PM

Answers

• solved:

remove ;App=EntityFramework from connectionstring

Awen

• Marked as answer by Awen Hu Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>>error 0152: No Entity Framework provider found for the ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'System.Data.SqlClient'. Make sure the provider is registered in the 'entityFramework' section of the application config file. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for more information.

This error is caused by that if we forget to include "EntityFramework.SqlServer.dll".

It appears to be a newly added file in EF6.

Havr a try to fix it by running the following command on Package Manager Console:

PM> Install-Package EntityFramework

Do not forget to add -ProjectName <ProjectName> to the command line if we have several projects in the solution!

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I mean it is on the remote server, not develop environment. No   Package Manager Console on the server.

Awen

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:13 AM
  • solved:

remove ;App=EntityFramework from connectionstring

Awen

• Marked as answer by Awen Hu Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:59 AM
  • I'm having the same issue...  I tried removing ";App=EntityFramework " from the connection string and I tried Installing the package.

When I install the package, it tells me that it's already installed.  I can see the reference to EntityFramework.SqlServer in the reference list.

Any other thoughts on how to get this to run?

Thanks.

J

http://digitalcamel.blogspot.com/

Friday, February 7, 2014 10:31 PM
  • I've struggled with this too.  I'm running a C++ CLI accessing EF through a C# dll.  It always seems a little tricky getting the plumbing working.  Also be sure to add library paths if needed for your own dlls (like in my case).

I don't know if this helps, but make sure you have on your reference list:

EntityFramework.dll

EntityFramework.SqlServer.dll

mscorlib.dll

System.Configuration.dll

System.Data.dll

System.dll

System.XML.dll

Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:38 PM
  • Hello,

>>error 0152: No Entity Framework provider found for the ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'System.Data.SqlClient'. Make sure the provider is registered in the 'entityFramework' section of the application config file. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for more information.

This error is caused by that if we forget to include "EntityFramework.SqlServer.dll".

It appears to be a newly added file in EF6.

Havr a try to fix it by running the following command on Package Manager Console:

PM> Install-Package EntityFramework

Do not forget to add -ProjectName <ProjectName> to the command line if we have several projects in the solution!

Regards

I just copy the dll from my local server and put in publish server in bin folder :)
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:24 PM
  • solved:

remove ;App=EntityFramework from connectionstring

I can't say that's the right fix. The right fix would have been to point Nuget to the project that was using EF and install the needed DLL(s), which would set the references to the missing DLL.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:51 PM
  • Añadir la siguiente referencia

Soluciòn agregar esta referencia

Sunday, June 19, 2016 7:43 AM
  • nope doesnt' work
    Friday, September 21, 2018 9:20 AM