none
Is there any example or documentation for DynamicUI markup element. RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to add commands and buttons during runtime, the win32 ribbon framework (UIRibbon.dll) does not seem to support this. However, I found that the documentation mentioned the DynamicUI markup element. It was described as "Represents a container for Ribbon markup. This container and its content is declared at run time." Unfortunately, I cannot find any example or more detailled documentation on this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/windowsribbon/windowsribbon-element-dynamicui

Has any one use this feature before?

Also, is there any documentation about the binary file generated by UICC.exe? I reverse-engineered its format, but I'm still looking forward to see the official documentation.

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Rikka0w0,

Thanks for posting here.

For this question, I will contact the relevant engineer to help solve it. Once there is a result, I will reply here.

Best regards,

Strive

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 6:17 AM
  • Hi Rikka0w0,

I am working with my college for confirm this issue. It is helpful if you can answer the questions below:

Are you developing with MFC in the application? Would you mind sharing the scenario you want to develop?

Update

>Also, is there any documentation about the binary file generated by UICC.exe? I reverse-engineered its format, but I'm still looking forward to see the official documentation.

The binary format is not documented and subject to change.  The format is not an open format defined in a specification.  

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 1:47 AM
  • Sorry I can see you haven't had much help. This forum won't let me post the link but if you go to easyribbonbuilder dott comm and watch the 2 minute video it has a complete guide to creating custom ribbons including dynamic changes to your ribbon items.

Hope that helps

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 2:08 AM