none
VS2008: Unable to create smart device project with custom SDK ( ARMV4i ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a custom SDK from a Windows Embedded CE 6 project ( ARMV4i ) and installed it on the same PC. Now I would like to create a new project using Visual Studio 2008 with the Smart Device project wizard. I can select the SDK from the Installed Devices list but when I click finish the wizards closes but it goes back to the New Project dialog and the status bar indicates: "Creating project 'blabla'... project creation failed."

Somehow it is possible to create projects with other SDKs. I have another custom SDK for a x86 target which is working fine and also the default Pocket PC 2003 SDK is ok. The Windows Mobile 6 SDK is NOT working though.

I have tried to reinstall everything ( VS2008, SP1, all SDKs ) but I am unable to fix the issue and I have no idea what's wrong. The SDK is working fine in VS2005.

When I go to: Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories I notice that the platforms from my custom SDK are missing. Also the Windows mobile SDK is missing.

Please help...

• Moved by Andrew.Wu Monday, May 30, 2011 7:57 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Friday, May 27, 2011 8:18 AM

All replies