Notifcation hub behavior not predictable RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys,

I am trying to send push notification to android via notifcation hub using firebase .

The setup is done , followed all the steps mentioned here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/notification-hubs/notification-hubs-android-push-notification-google-fcm-get-started

I have already triple checked all the keys , and hub names etc to ensure correct setup

the behavior of the hub is very unpredictable:

On debugging I noticed that as i am calling hub.register() multiple times, it is creating new registration ids for the same FCM_TOKEN (firebase token)

on Test send from the azure portal, it receives the notification one or two times, but later on no more notification on Test Sends.

certain times , hub.register() creates a registration Id, however on visual studio there are no active registrations.

is this normal ? are there any limitations on how often you can do Test Sends from the portal.?

Should I be calling hub.register() only once, and only when the FCM_TOKEN has been updated? (I have tried that as well)

hub.unregister() is not deleting registration either

very confused!! any help would be appreciated

thanks 

Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Rushil_186, thank you for your question. We would like to work closer with you on this matter. Can you please reach out to us at azcommunity@microsoft.com with your subscription ID and the URL of this forum post. We look forward to your reply.
    Friday, August 31, 2018 1:09 AM