none
The itinerary was not found in the repository

Question

• I have created a simple receive and send itinerary and deployed it in database as follows:
    H:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.0\Bin>EsbImportUtil.exe /f:E:\RND\EsbItenerary\Iteneraries\SimpleReceiveSend.xml /c:deployed

I have configured the ItenerarySelectReceive pipeline's Itinerary select receive component with following settings:
    ResolverConnectionString = ITINERARY:\\name=SimpleReceiveSend;version=1.0;

when I submit my file to biztalk. I got following error:

There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Pipelines.ItinerarySelectReceivePasshrough, Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Pipelines, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "ESB Itinerary Selector" Receive Port: "EsbReceivePort" URI: "E:\RND\TestFolders\EsbReceive\*.xml" Reason: Error 135008: The itinerary SimpleReceiveSend was not found in the repository. 

I turn on the sql profiler got the sp command exec [dbo].[Itinerary_getitinerary] @name=N'SimpleReceiveSend',@major=1,@minor=0;
    I executed it against database and able to see the my itenerary  in the resultset. Following is the output:

nMajor nMinor imITML
    1 0 <Itinerary xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.biztalk.practices.esb.com/itinerary" uuid="" beginTime="" completeTime="" state="Pending" isRequestResponse="false" servicecount="2" name="SimpleReceiveSend" version="1.0"><BizTalkSegment xmlns="" interchangeId="" epmRRCorrelationToken="" receiveInstanceId="" messageId="" /><ServiceInstance xmlns="" name="Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Services.Routing" type="Messaging" state="Pending" position="0" isRequestResponse="false" /><Services xmlns=""><Service uuid="6a594d80-91f7-4e10-a203-b3c999b0f55e" beginTime="" completeTime="" name="Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Services.Routing" type="Messaging" state="Pending" isRequestResponse="false" position="0" serviceInstanceId="" /></Services><Services xmlns=""><Service uuid="591ce57141f34d6ea73b94c865479d90" beginTime="" completeTime="" name="RoutingService" type="Messaging" state="Pending" isRequestResponse="false" position="1" serviceInstanceId="" /></Services><ResolverGroups xmlns=""><Resolvers serviceId="Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Services.Routing0">&lt;![CDATA[STATIC:\\transportType=FILE;transportLocation=E:\RND\TestFolders\Send\%MessageId%.xml;action=;endpointConfig=;jaxRpcResponse=false;messageExchangePattern=;targetNamespace=;transformType=;]]&gt;</Resolvers><Resolvers serviceId="RoutingService1" /></ResolverGroups></Itinerary>

Still Itinerary selector component is throwing error. No idea what might have got wrong?

Thanks,
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 9:08 AM

Answers

• Need to use "Resolver.Itinerary" as the value of ItineraryFactKey property of pipeline component. Found the answer in documentation of The ESB Itinerary Selector Component in msdn.

Thanks,
    • Marked as answer by Navneet Gupta Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:35 PM
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:35 PM

All replies

• Need to use "Resolver.Itinerary" as the value of ItineraryFactKey property of pipeline component. Found the answer in documentation of The ESB Itinerary Selector Component in msdn.

Thanks,
    • Marked as answer by Navneet Gupta Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:35 PM
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:35 PM
  • Hi, I have exactly the same error message and I have "Resolver.Itinerary" as the value of ItineraryFactKey
    still getting the same error

Any other ideas
    Thanks
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:03 PM
  • Just after sending my post, I went through the SP mentioned in Gupta thread, I found it checks for status, which was 0in my case.

Then I doublechecked itinerary, it had Published status and not deployed

Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:15 PM
  • Your  have a  error  in  ´propierty  of  configuration,  in the  propierty "Resolver.Itinerary" as the value of ItineraryFactKey  and  ITINERARY-STATIC:\\name=name_itinerary in the propierty  ResolverConnectionString (name_itinerary is  the name  that type in the file itinerario.Itinerary)
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Other possible cause can be that the status of the itinerary in DB is set to 0 (published).  To deploy the itinerary update the Itinerary Status property of the itinerary in VS to 1 (Deployed).  You will need to export the Itinerary again to the SQL store or file store.

MCTS BTS 2006/ASP.net 2.0

Sunday, January 5, 2014 6:47 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the valuable inputs from Vikas Srivastava, In some of the cases itinerary are published but not deployed you come across the same error as "The itinerary was not found in the repository" so in that situation you need change the Itinerary Status to Deployed and later needs to export Model.

Regards,

Nagaraja Karur

Nagaraja Karur

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:08 AM