Choosing which files to ignore for source control purposes RRS feed

• Question

• I'm putting my LS solution on a distributed VCS repo, and wondered which files I can safely ignore, that are regenerated on a rebuild.

I see a 'GeneratedFiles' subfolder in Visual Studio, and along with the usual VS files to ignore (pdb files etc) are there any lightswitch subdirectories or whatnot that I can safely keep out of my VCS?

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:53 PM

Answers

• We should be setting the flags on the files in the project appropriately such that those files that are not required to be checked in are excluded.  If you find something that is flipped the wrong way, please let us know, but generally, you shouldn't need to worry about this.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:50 PM

All replies

• My $0.02

I distribute over 100 LightSwitch projects to hundreds of people daily. I stopped having problems when I put ALL the files in the distribution :) :)

I don't even do a "Build/Clean" because just 1% of 300 people is 30 people emailing you that they can't run your project :)

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch 2013 HTML Client / SharePoint 2013 book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Friday, August 8, 2014 4:36 AM
  • We should be setting the flags on the files in the project appropriately such that those files that are not required to be checked in are excluded.  If you find something that is flipped the wrong way, please let us know, but generally, you shouldn't need to worry about this.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:50 PM