Question regarding parsing HTTP POST message RRS feed

• Question

• User335118448 posted

Hi,

I have a  web client tool that i need to use. It has the capability to send HTTP GET and POST

messages to the server side. The did some research and still not clear how to setup  my hosting .NET to capture

this message from the client.  During research I found out the belows:

option #1 page_load able to capture this but not sure if this can handle multiple connection.

Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

'Response.Write("This is the value you have send to the server side page: " & Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_NAMEOFHEADER") & "<br> You probably want to connect to a database here and do something with this data before you send something to the client. ")
            ' HTTP POST PROXY  CODE /FIREWALL
            'http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/dotnetWebRequest/dotnetWebRequest.htm

Response.Write("<BR />" & Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING") & "<BR />")
            Response.Write("===============================")
            Response.Write("<BR />" & Request.ServerVariables("ALL_HTTP") & "<BR />")
            Response.Write("===============================")
            Response.Write("<BR />" & Request.ServerVariables("REQUEST_METHOD") & "<BR />")

End Sub

option #2:

I found there are some link that give example to creat custom myHTTPHanlder( not sure this is the way to do it and will

my web hosting company allow it.

Thanks.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:52 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

It depends on whether the method is POST or GET.  If GET, then the values are available in the Request.QueryString collection.  If POST, then the collection is Request.Form.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:14 PM